We will not be doing factory tours in 2022, but we hope to resume them in 2023.
Both store locations are open and welcome bus tours and large groups.
Each store has tasting tables where you can sample our cheeses, our homemade fudge, and more! We also have videos running on a loop at both stores. The video will show you our history, our processes, and our company’s story. Employees are very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you might have about Renard’s Artisan Cheese.
- A free one-pound block of cheese for your tour guide and motor coach driver
- Inside seating & outside picnic area
- Box lunches available (must be ordered in advance)
- Photo opportunities with our mascot “Melvin” the mouse
- Ample, free parking
- A personal welcome greeting
- Complimentary cheese and wine sampling
- A video tour of the cheesemaking process
- Our gift shop full of Door County products
- Our full-service deli with breakfast, lunch and dinner options (Sturgeon Bay Only)
FACTORY TOUR FAQ
(Factory Tours not available in 2022)
Are you doing factory tours at the current time? Unfortunately we will not be doing factory tours in 2022. We hope to resume them in 2023. Our retail stores still welcome bus tours and large groups. If you wish to have our store’s tour guide greet you at either retail location, please call for advance reservations at 920-825-7272 x106.
How long does a factory tour last? A factory tour lasts approximately 30 minutes. Our factory is located at 248 County S Algoma, WI 54201.
When are the factory tours offered? All factory tours require advance reservations and take place Monday through Friday at 8 AM.
What is the cost of a factory tour? Cheese factory tours are $3 per person. There is no cost for a guide to greet & host a group at our retail locations, but advance notice is required.
Do you offer walk-in tours? Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate walk-in tours. As an alternative, a video tour is available daily in our stores.
Can I wear open-toed shoes? Since we are a production-facility, no open-toed shoes are allowed for factory tours.
Is photography allowed on the tour? No photographs may be taken in our production areas.
How do I reserve a tour time? We will not be conducting factory tours in 2022, but hope to resume them in 2023.